General Fundraising Advice
Thank you so much for showing interest in Team Hope! Please check out the below general fundraising tips!
- Register and start fundraising for your Team Hope Walk as soon as possible, preferably three to five months before the walk date.
- Set a fundraising goal for yourself.
- As soon as you register, download and read the Team Hope Walk Participant Packet.
- Don’t be afraid to ask. Reach out to your family members, friends, co-workers, businesses you frequent, etc., via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn), emails, and letter-writting campaigns!
- The best way to get a donation is to ask for a donation! Ask early and often!
- Don’t get discouraged by someone saying no. You may hear no ten times before you hear a yes, and it could be a big yes!
- Be sure to ask in person, through email, through your social media accounts, and even letter writing campaigns on a regular basis.
- Be positive and upbeat when you ask - it’s hard to say no to a smile.
- Plan a wrap event to help you raise money for the walk. A wrap event can be a car wash, bake sale, dine in for a cause, in your genes, etc. Ask your HDSA Regional Director for more ideas!