Please join us for the Cleveland, OH Team Hope Walk & 5K on Sunday, May 31st, 2015!
Walk with us as we support the mission of HDSA to improve the lives of everyone with Huntington’s disease! The 5K run check in at 7:30 AM, the 5K run begins at 8:30AM, the walk check in begins at 9:00 AM, and the walk starts at 10AM.
To Register For This Event:
1. Click ‘Register Now’ on the event website.
2. Select your ‘Registration Type.’
3. Set your fundraising goal and answer any questions asked (t-shirt size, etc.) and agree to the terms and conditions.
4. Fill in all of your contact details to create your DonorDrive account. If you already have a DonorDrive account, click the log in link and your information will automatically fill in.
5. You will be asked if you’d like to make an additional donation (this is in addition to your registration fee). You can answer yes or no.
6. On Step 5 you will be asked to confirm your registration details and click ‘Complete Registration’ at the bottom. Only once you have clicked ‘Complete Registration’ will you be officially registered for the event.
7. On the next page, once you have confirmed and completed your registration, you can click the link to register more people (family members, friends, etc.) or you can click one of the buttons on the right to Personalize Your Fundraising Page, Go To Your Dashboard, or Make A Donation to yourself.
Team Hope Walks aim to raise as much money possible in the local community to support the mission and services of the Huntington’s Disease Society of America. There are many different fundraising strategies you may use to have a successful fundraising campaign, and HDSA suggests you use all of them! Please download the Team Hope Walk Participant Packet and check out the Team Hope website’s Fundraising Tips & Tools (including some fundraising webinars!) and Participant Resources sections.
We invite all local companies and small businesses to sponsor this Team Hope Walk. We depend on the generosity of sponsors, and by sponsoring a walk your company will be supporting a great cause as well as engaging in an exciting marketing opportunity within the local community. If your company is interested in sponsoring the walk, please email email@example.com!
What is the Huntington’s Disease Society of America?
The Huntington’s Disease Society of America is the premier not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of everyone affected by Huntington’s disease. From community services and education to advocacy and research, HDSA is the world’s leader in providing help for today, hope for tomorrow for people with Huntington’s disease and their families. To learn more, please visit www.hdsa.org.
What is Huntington’s Disease?
Huntington’s disease is a fatal genetic disorder that causes the progressive breakdown of nerve cells in the brain. It deteriorates a person’s physical and mental abilities during their prime working years and has no cure. HD is known as the quintessential family disease because every child of a parent with HD has a 50/50 chance of carrying the faulty gene. Today, there are 30,000 symptomatic Americans and more than 200,000 at-risk of inheriting the disease.
About Team Hope
Team Hope is HDSA’s largest national grassroots fundraising event. Thousands of families, friends, co-workers, neighbors and communities walk together each year to support HDSA's fight to improve the lives of people affected by HD and their families. From forming a team, to sponsoring an event, to volunteering, you too can help make a difference in so many lives. Join Team Hope for HD, and help us provide help for today, hope for tomorrow! Learn more by visiting www.hdsa.org/teamhope.